Activities in Puerto Vallarta
There are many vast and varied activities in Puerto Vallarta for visitors, from the bright, energetic nightlife to romantic beaches and visits to cultural icons. Some of the best attractions may be a little bit off the standard tourist path but worth the effort.
- Escape the crowds and unwind with a Yelapa excursion. Explore Banderas Bay’s secluded beaches and isolated coves. Kayak or enjoy a full-day catamaran trip. Hike, snorkel or enjoy the local culture at a relaxed pace.
- See the sights in style with a guided city tour. Visit artistic landmarks and learn about the architectural history of the city’s most respected landmarks.
- Get the adrenaline pumping by trekking into the jungle and rappelling down waterfalls, ziplining into freshwater pools and hopping into a 4×4 for some extreme exploring.
- Take a day-trip and explore the colonial towns in the magnificent Sierra Madres.
- Visit Vallarta’s Botanical Gardens, about 40 minutes from the city center. Meander through lush jungle trails, view exotic birds and take a dip in the river. This may be unlike any other botanical garden you’ve ever seen.
Outdoor activities in Puerto Vallarta take advantage of the ocean breezes and abundant sunshine. ATV driving, horseback riding and scuba diving allow you to explore the countryside, while outdoor markets and cafes offer opportunities to people-watch.